Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dedication

This blog is dedicated to all those, who, like me, found the Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) defined in American tax law to be confusing and dubious vehicles for financial independence. This blog is intended to provide you with viable mechanisms for morphing these lame investment devices into substantial engines of wealth.

Throughout this blog, I will use the term "IRA" liberally -- not just to refer to the traditional IRA into which one may deposit a few thousand bucks per year for a tax deduction and tax-deferred investing. In my view, Roth IRAs, SEP IRAs, 401(k)'s, and other tax-advantaged savings vehicles are also IRAs. If I mean to refer specifically to the "traditional IRA", then I will use precisely that term.

By the way, this blog isn't a solicitation to buy or sell anything. Frequently, I'll suggest that you buy or sell something, because it's my honest opinion that it makes good financial sense to do so. But it's only a suggestion. I don't participate in the securities business. My job, as I see it, is to be blatently honest about sane investing. If you disagree, then say so, but I'm not here to engage in pump-and-dump schemes, or to buy or sell securities.

No comments:

Post a Comment